Saturday, November 13, 2010

Cedar Chest Makeover!

I have had this old cedar chest for a few years now. I bought it at the DI for like $50, and said that I was going to give it a makeover...well, four years later....I did! I'm not gonna lie. I'm kind of conservative...so this was a huge change for me and when I painted it yellow, it was YELLOW. Like canary yellow. I about cried, cause I hated it. Then the next day I was gonna paint over it and decided to just glaze it with my Ralph Lauren faux technique glaze, and I totally LOVED it! So I learned my lesson- don't give up before you see the whole project done! Then you can always paint over it if you hate it. Anyway, here is the BEFORE:
And the AFTER:

After glazing it, I reupholstered the cushion with some (not very conservative) chocolate and white polka dot fabric. And I was a little apprehensive about that, but I totally love it!! I think every room needs a "statement piece" and this is totally it!:)



No comments: