Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Tribute to my Mom!

This picture is of my Mom as a little baby, being held by her grandfather. Amazing!
And again, this is my Mom as a baby, being held by her other grandfather. I love it!!
For mothers day this year, I decided to get some pictures of my Mom's childhood- the two above, and blow them up and frame them for her! Such a simple, yet very meaningful gift. My Mom is so great! She raised 6 kids (I'm the 4th), is a dedicated member of the Church, and is admired by many for the person she is. She is so talented also. Check out just a few of the quilts she has made, and documented on her quilting blog.
I love you, Mom! Happy Mothers Day!!
This picture is of the St. George LDS Temple. I love this picture for many reasons. My Mom's father took this picture on his honeymoon, but since I never met him (because he died before I was born), this picture says a thousand words to me- about him, about his faith, and about what he would have taught me, if I would have been able to meet him. I blew it up and it now hangs in my bedroom. I know this picture probably speaks a million words to my Mom as well, since it was taken by her father!

2 comments:

Hebdon Family said...

Those pictures are so beautiful! Especially the one that Grandpa took of the St. George Temple. I love it!

Janele M.Stratton said...

What an amazing picture. I love that he was able to capture the quiet beauty of the temple. I think some of the best art can be found right outside our doors when you have a good eye and a steady hand. Thank you for sharing this.